Bagger vs. Sweeper, and a blade question

BillinCT

Forum Newbie
Threads
I inherited a 1993 Murray 38" that has been very well maintained and is in great condition, model 38703X15A. I'm on just under an acre.

I have LOTS of leaves in fall and spring (damn Oaks). Even my Stihl BR600 backpack has a hard time keeping up.

I always thought I wanted a bagger on a mower to help get the grass clippings when they were too long, and to help with he leaves. Yesterday someone suggested I look into a sweeper instead. I never considered that. Because of those oaks, I'm thinking the sweeper will help with all the acorns.

As far as I can tell, the only bagger I can get is the 24740MA for $600, and it is a hard bagger.

So what do people think: Should I get really good mulching blades and a sweeper, or go with the bagger?

As for the mulching blade, I've read a lot about high lift blades, particularly the Gator Blades. Should I do those no matter what I do?

If I did a sweeper, any recommendations?

Thanks a lot!

mowerman05

Threads
Had both and think a sweeper is a better choice, bagger might get plugged up if you have lots of leaves. How about a pull behind vacuumed that has a motor for suction and shredding abilities.