MULCH KIT

menards

Forum Newbie
Threads
HOW WELL DOES THE MULCH KIT WORK ON THE RAPTOR FLIP UP DECK WHICH DECK WORKS THE BEST 48" OR 54"?THX

neetan

Threads
I have the Fastrack Sd with the 48", Love it with the Mulch kit. The fuel consumption is 30-50% more, but the cut is awesome and there is no build up in the deck other then when wet.

I suggest Go for it, now on the 48" or the 52" well the answer is I DO NOT KNOW!! Sorry, only thing I looked at was the price and that if I looked at the amount of passes on the property you would have to look at one extra on every 8 rows.

Good luck

HOW WELL DOES THE MULCH KIT WORK ON THE RAPTOR FLIP UP DECK WHICH DECK WORKS THE BEST 48" OR 54"?THX

Grass Whisper

Threads
Hey Friend, I can tell you I have a mulch kit on my mower, Fastrak 54 and gator blades. It works well for me. I have written on this in the past on this forum. Biggest issue is that you need the space under the deck to mulch the clippings. If you lower the deck, and like it short, you will get trail of clippings. Cut it higher and you will have more space to re-cut the clippings. The result is better. Plus if you cut your grass when its a foot high, you will not be able to mulch that amount of grass. Really depends on your personal situation.

So it comes down to what your OK with and what you can't deal with.

That being said, I cut once a week, at about 3.5 inches or so. I have Empire Zoysia. I looks good as I am a yard nut. One issue that I have noticed is if I back up while cutting I will have piles of grass that need an additional going over. So for me, I cut it as we all do then a pass around the outside and Im done.

But wait there's more.....

I forget just who on this forum made me aware of this but if your cutting once a week, the result with the side discharge looks about the same. Now, I have never tried that but just something to think about.

Good luck!!