Help with GX75

mjb8fj

Threads
According to mjb it seemed as though there were 2 transmission drive belts. But if only 2 belts total, that would mean, only one drive and one deck blade belt, correct? Mjb are you out there? I saw the 2 diagrams you sent. Are they just 2 different pictures of the same belt? Sorry for my confusion. I have a small engine repair guy coming over at noon tomorrow, eastern standard time. Hopefully he gets it.

sorry for the late response, you have 3 belts on there. One, the deck belt, easy to change and easily seen, controls the blade. There is a small one, engine to CVT belt, kinda sucks to change it. The third is way up in there, thats the transmission belt. You have to remove the engine belt to get to this one. Years of working on them you develop a system and can do it without dropping the transmission and things (also tools have improved a lot too), but it is possible to change it without dropping the transmission.

mjb8fj

Threads
I agree with Mjb on his diagnosis....

There are 2 more factors that might be the problem tho....... John Deeres have a belt or belts that are special.. In saying that they have a different bevel/angle on them. If he bought the belt/belts from a JD dealership then you are good on that part.

The other thing would be a worn pulley or pulley's that are not gripping the belt/belts right. They get worn in the groove and the belt is not sitting right. This was discussed in an older thread on here and Bert backed me up on that issue.....

When a pulley gets worn it shrinks down and there is not enough tension on the belt itself.

Hope this helps Mon Ami ~!~!

Let us know ..........

you are right on that! good call!

mjb8fj

Threads
I have a GX75, a great machine, also the repair manual.

I have changed the belts and it is not that hard of a deal. If I can help let me know.

your right, great machine. I always liked them

Rosey

Threads
Dear Mjb,

This is extremely helpful information. Although I cannot see inside, I think there may be a belt missing! This is something you alluded to earlier (worn or missing belt). The seller cracked the fender changing one belt recently. Is there a special process to get the fender off?

This forum and all of you are awesome. So glad I became a member.

Rosey

Rosey

Threads
Dear Mjb,

i just contacted a John Deere dealer with my Product ID# MOGX75X075430. The gentleman told me that there are a total of 2 belts. He gave me part #M94020. He also said there is a belt guide needed #M94023. I am trying to find out if the seller purchased and installed that too. Apparently manufacturer changes in the belt requires the guide. The seller gave me a spare belt and the belt number is correct.

Rosey

Rosey

Threads
The belt guide was not purchased or installed per the seller, only a new belt.

mjb8fj

Threads
The belt guide was not purchased or installed per the seller, only a new belt.

well i hope thats a quick easy fix for you! good luck on that one, thats great

Rosey

Threads
Well the small engine repair fellow called off our appointment for today. Disappointing. A belt guide seems too easy a fix...not my usual luck. Here's to hoping. Will let you know.