GC2300 Massey

Fragger

Threads
I been working on my Massey Ferguson gc2300 i relaced the asseccory gear pump and been strating it but tody i ost all my power ,, my battery is hot but i have no panel lights and it will not crank , any ideas ...i have checked the obvious..
Thank you for looking

Last edited:

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Better for you if you tell us what you have check out...! save going over old ground.

Fragger

Threads
yeah sorry bout that, what i meant was all that pertains to the cranking like hot lead , ground safety switches ect. , after some serious devotions and trouble shooting i found out it was my ignition switch, it was very corroded and appears like the ground wire is broke off at the terminal will try to solder today and attempt to start it.
I am having issues bleeding the air out of the power steering cylinder, any clues there on what can improve my situation.:confused2:
switch.png

Thank you for your efforts to making America great!!

Better for you if you tell us what you have check out...! save going over old ground.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
The problem with your power steering cylinder, have you (did you) turn the steering a few times (full) from left to right.

Fragger

Threads
I tried em first it got stuck to the left side then i bled the oil out on that side and it just seems real hard like the cylinder is in a bind i may have put it in backwards when i did the seal kit. another issue is i am having the brackets beefed up at machine shop so the cylinder is being held by tie wraps , having them made thicker. the old brackets have bent due to the abuse thus little feller is subjected to. My son and i use i talot in the woods durin gdeer season to clear cenderas and pipe lines so it really takes a beating. DSC00281.jpg
The bushing in the steering colunm was worn out so i took the shims out and bolted up direct til i can get the rubber bushing
DSC00280.jpg
thank you for helping in making America great again!!

Fragger

Threads
EM, soon as i can get my wire soldered on the switch i will reply back. our little massey is a 2003 and it has 400 hrs plus

As for people paying their dues , many don't realize that thier contributions to the forum is what makes it one of the greatest that i have visited .
If you only come by when you need something then the board will eventually die because there won't be any information for the rest of us to read ..

I Know alot but have learned more from people like all this technicians that take time from their busy days to help someone who can't afford to take their equipment to be serviced or repaired.
It is ok to take but i find it better to give ..

Thank you to all the techs who keep this board alive!!:laughing: