new franken mower

Jmoxie

Threads
Hello,

Just want to spread to progress I have made on my broken down Murray mower. I had posted a short while back in another section that my flywheel would turn and looked for answers.

Turns out the Tecumseh engine on the murray riding mower had seized at the piston arm. I pulled it out and reworked it and am in the process of getting parts but that is another story in itself.

Anyway I had a neighbor who had an old craftsmen tractor with a bad read end. He sold me that and I decided to taken parts form the craftsmen and make my Murray run again. I took the engine Kohler 14.5 a belt a pulley, throttle cable and tried to hookup the wiring harness but that as a mess. So I ripped out the wires and harness and wired in my own harness with kill switches and push button start switch.

I was ale to cut the grass yesterday without the walking mower on my 3/4 acre. Man was that nice again. Its been a few weeks and I am getting old and that hilly walk was rough in the Florida heat.

Anyway all is good with the engine now I must try to figure out the mower deck as the cut isn't to even not as crisp as I would like. Thinking the deck needs some tlc and blades need sharpening. Luckily its coming into fall and winter here so the grass will slow it growth rate and I will have plenty of time to tinker with my mower.

Those of you who helped give me answers thank you very much.