SCAG Patriot 54" vs. John Deere Z540M 54"

Fdauser01

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking to replace an old Cub Cadet zero turn mower. Currently looking at the SCAG Patriot (approx. $6000 after $900 rebate) and Deere Z540M (approx. $5100), for the price is the SCAG that much better of a mower or are both about the same? Both have a Kawi engine, SCAG has the FX series and Deere the FS series, as a homeowner either should more than do the job. I'm planning on getting a bagger as well and I'd like to use a de-thatcher and aerator from time to time. Based on experience, which mower would people recommend? Any other mowers anyone would recommend considering?

Thanks for the help!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yess the Scag is that much better of a machine plus some. First, John Deere is a residential mower and Scag is commercial. John Deere is overpriced by about $500.00 just because of its name.

Go take a look at each one and you will think the Deere is a toy.

dmschuler

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did the research spring of last year. I settled on a scag patriot 61". Mower has been great.

I settled on the patriot based on it being based on a commercial mower platform. I was cutting 4+ acres, and wanted something that would with standing that use. I now have 6 acres at the new house.

Given the choice, I'd pick the scag over John Deere. But as with Tractors, it's often a personal choice.

Go with what you can afford, and what you think is best for you.

Thanks,
Doug