Wanted help in making mini cars from lawn tractors

goofy_mower_racer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello
I am new to the group.
I am looking for people interested in making anything but a lawn mower, from riding mowers.
Mini cars, trucks, redneck vehicles, anything at all but a lawn mower.
Paul

I currently have a 90's model Murray riding mower that was a 42 " cut which I built up using 3 different mowers, It has a non governed 18 IC Briggs and Stratton engine with beefed up rings and valves, a Wide body LT transmission, and a little bit of a cheater booster added I changed pulleys out on the engine and now in 6th gear It literally tears up the black top and throws gravels and dirt everywhere.
My question is Im using 2 mowers Now and want to chop the frames and inset another piece of frame from the 2nd mower into the first one to sort of stretch the frame out and while doing this I want to use the rear part of the 2nd mower frame ( the part the tranny bolted onto ) as a sort of trailer / dumping bed Like a truck I will also be fabricating a truck cab to place onto the 1st and finished mower truck when its fully transformed; Any one have any pointers, Ideals, or pictures I can use as a guide to do this I want to use this as a yard truck to pull push and tow things around my land and also to be fast enough to play on (race if the occasion arises) as well as to use on the road to go to the store(s) and possibly even to work. Right now I know that I want it to be faster while the first gear I want to be like a sort of bulldog gear for traction and pulling with, But I don't want to get rid of the 18 Ic engine just yet Later on I will be placing a 4 cyl. large block on the mower frame with custom from end steering and a light cars heavy duty transmission.
Thanks for any help in advance.

putterman46

Threads
I currently have a 90's model Murray riding mower that was a 42 " cut which I built up using 3 different mowers, It has a non governed 18 IC Briggs and Stratton engine with beefed up rings and valves, a Wide body LT transmission, and a little bit of a cheater booster added I changed pulleys out on the engine and now in 6th gear It literally tears up the black top and throws gravels and dirt everywhere.
My question is Im using 2 mowers Now and want to chop the frames and inset another piece of frame from the 2nd mower into the first one to sort of stretch the frame out and while doing this I want to use the rear part of the 2nd mower frame ( the part the tranny bolted onto ) as a sort of trailer / dumping bed Like a truck I will also be fabricating a truck cab to place onto the 1st and finished mower truck when its fully transformed; Any one have any pointers, Ideals, or pictures I can use as a guide to do this I want to use this as a yard truck to pull push and tow things around my land and also to be fast enough to play on (race if the occasion arises) as well as to use on the road to go to the store(s) and possibly even to work. Right now I know that I want it to be faster while the first gear I want to be like a sort of bulldog gear for traction and pulling with, But I don't want to get rid of the 18 Ic engine just yet Later on I will be placing a 4 cyl. large block on the mower frame with custom from end steering and a light cars heavy duty transmission.
Thanks for any help in advance.

I built an articulated tractor out of parts similar to the Einascher tractors used in Europe. I'm building the trailing portion now. I used the rear frame and transaxle from a RER so I would have brakes and it is working well so far. Go to ..Einachser,Bucher,MAG - YouTube This will show you some in action.

Attachments

• monster toy tractor 002.jpg
    monster toy tractor 002.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 23