Repairs John Deera LA135 (0135A) Won't Cut in Reverse

Anyday901

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello forum,

This will be my first post. I was lucky enough to find a 2005 model LA135 sitting on the side of the road. Guy left a note on the hood and said it wouldn't start, and that the belt sometimes slipped off. I ran and grabbed my trailer and scooped it up. Luckily i figured out the starting problem, the valves were way out of adjustment which was causing to much compression to build up and the started couldnt get past the compression stroke. I adjusted the values and cranks every time now. Replaced the belt on the deck and the drive belt. The only problem i'm having is it will not cut in reverse. I replaced the RIO switch that connects to the transmission and also the yellow button switch you press on the tractor to make it go in reverse. I tested both parts for continuity and they are working fine. I've studied the wiring diagram pretty good and it seems that it should be working with all the switch's working.

Any ideas would be great its starting to drive me crazy!

Thanks in advance,

Anyday!

mjb8fj

Threads
Hello forum,

This will be my first post. I was lucky enough to find a 2005 model LA135 sitting on the side of the road. Guy left a note on the hood and said it wouldn't start, and that the belt sometimes slipped off. I ran and grabbed my trailer and scooped it up. Luckily i figured out the starting problem, the valves were way out of adjustment which was causing to much compression to build up and the started couldnt get past the compression stroke. I adjusted the values and cranks every time now. Replaced the belt on the deck and the drive belt. The only problem i'm having is it will not cut in reverse. I replaced the RIO switch that connects to the transmission and also the yellow button switch you press on the tractor to make it go in reverse. I tested both parts for continuity and they are working fine. I've studied the wiring diagram pretty good and it seems that it should be working with all the switch's working.

Any ideas would be great its starting to drive me crazy!

Thanks in advance,

Anyday!
i had one with the same problem. I replaced brake switches, RIO switches, transmission switches, and seat switches. The wiring is goofy on them when they get the problem, I ended up replacing the relay (black box) and got it going. Made no sense for it, but it worked out for me. Also, if you go that route, just take the relay to an auto parts store and have them match it up (they are either 4 pin or 5 pin), but they are a lot cheaper there vs the dealer. But good score for you finding the machine for FREE! Good job