cub cadet got turned upside down, fouled with oil.. what to do ?

wazoo dingleberry

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / cub cadet got turned upside down, fouled with oil.. what to do ?
my cub was upside down for a couple hours before I found it[long story] I took out the plug and cleaned out the chamber as best I could, took off carb, it was clean, I squirted some gas into the port, checked and cleaned all oil I could find. Now it will turn over Once, with starter fluid, it runs 2-3 seconds. Don't know what to try next.. it's just not picking up fuel and yes I checked the gas.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it has a fuel pump, maybe oil entered the inside of the pump and is hydrolocked preventing the impulses from working properly. assuming this is a riding mower. When you reply back give us the model number so we can see what you are working on.

wazoo dingleberry

Forum Newbie
Threads
If it has a fuel pump, maybe oil entered the inside of the pump and is hydrolocked preventing the impulses from working properly. assuming this is a riding mower. When you reply back give us the model number so we can see what you are working on.

it's not a rider it's walk behind.. cub cadet like it says in the post, i don't think they make a cadet rider. Model is ..12a18mco56959-435..not sure if that's an O or a zero... i f you have some advice, please be specific, I'm not a mechanic. there is a little bowl on the bottom of the carb, should i clean that out??

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Make sure there is not a lot of oil in the muffler, remove air filter and then remove spark plug, put some fuel (not a lot) down the spark plug hole, replace plug and keep pulling, it will take a few pulls but it should start up.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Cub Cadet makes a little bit of everything from pushmowers, tillers, riders, Z turns, snow throwers, among other things, so I couldn't tell what you turned upside down. Some people have been known to turn their riding mower upside down or on its side to sharpen the blades etc.

wazoo dingleberry

Forum Newbie
Threads
Make sure there is not a lot of oil in the muffler, remove air filter and then remove spark plug, put some fuel (not a lot) down the spark plug hole, replace plug and keep pulling, it will take a few pulls but it should start up.

If you read my post you will see that have done all those things and more.

wazoo dingleberry

Forum Newbie
Threads
I guess I need to be more specific... My mower is a cub cadet walk behind, gas engine. Model12a18mc056959-435

It was turned upside down and fouled with oil. I have removed the plug,cleaned the chamber, removed the carb --there was no oil on the carb or any where around the air filter or nearby. With a pull, it will turn over exactly once. With a spray of fluid, a few more seconds. Repeated applications have not changed the situation. The exhaust does not appear to be affected. It is fairly obvious that it is not getting fuel.
My question right now is how far to go into the motor with out getting myself in a bigger jam. There is a plate on the front of the motor ,with four bolts and a gasket.. I wonder if I should take it off and look in there or if i might mess something up.

Any ideas on how to proceed will be gratefully appreciated

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
you are saying you removed the carburetor but did you remove the carburetor bowl and check the needle valve and float level?

wazoo dingleberry

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have not so far.. that's what I was wondering.. should do that.. I guess I should, eh!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
it's not a rider it's walk behind.. cub cadet like it says in the post, i don't think they make a cadet rider. Model is ..12a18mco56959-435..not sure if that's an O or a zero... i f you have some advice, please be specific, I'm not a mechanic. there is a little bowl on the bottom of the carb, should i clean that out??

Yes Cub Cadet is best known for the riding mowers, but they dont last long.....