Briiggs 25 Hp Ohv wont run after 1 hour of mowing loses all power

Sdbuster72

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Briiggs 25 Hp Ohv wont run after 1 hour of mowing loses all power
I have a Simplicity ZT1500 with 25 hp ohv Briggs on it(44S9 77 0004 G1). Has been to the shop twice to no avail for a total of 35 days. They say they cant replicate the problem. Hour into mowing 2.5 acres it loses power and dies. STart it up and it dies. Done mowing. Nurse it back to the house. Wont hardly run to even power it to house. Cleaned fuel tank different fuel filters, new fuel punp, new fuel pump hose. 163 hours on it. Very disappointed. Help please

Jeff

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow, that is a long time of mowing before a problem. I bet not one shop would run your mower for an hour to test it. So it is up to you. Her is how. Get an inline spark tester and fit it to your mower. Run the mower till it has the problem. If the spark continues till the bitter end you have a gas issue. If the spark is sporadic then you have an electrical issue. Test and let us know what happens.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seems odd that it would possibly loose fire on both cylinders at the same time, but is possible. I would also be considering the fuel solenoid on the carb shutting down. if it is newer than 2012 could possible have a fuel tank vacuum issue, being aware that the new mowers don't use vented fuel caps. the charcoal canister can get gas contaminated causing the same effect as a clogged vent on the fuel cap.