Repairs Husqvarna YTH2348. Weird issue!

Kev7274

Forum Newbie
Threads
Family member has the YTH2348 with a Briggs/Stratton Intek XRD 23HP motor.

It runs fine,but the weird thing is.....when you move the lever forward that should make it idle faster,it wants to cut off as if the lever was in the lower position. If I put the lever into the lower position,it wants to idle high. Acts like something is backwards,but I have checked cables,springs,checked governor, and even checked the carb and it all looks ok.

I tried to find a picture of the bracket that has the springs attached just to make sure something hasn't gone wrong,but can only find a picture of the bracket with nothing attached.

I'm at a loss and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions as to what it may be.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That mower came with what looks like a Kohler engine. I would say the engine is swapped out. It is not a problem just run it backward.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Family member has the YTH2348 with a Briggs/Stratton Intek XRD 23HP motor.

It runs fine,but the weird thing is.....when you move the lever forward that should make it idle faster,it wants to cut off as if the lever was in the lower position. If I put the lever into the lower position,it wants to idle high. Acts like something is backwards,but I have checked cables,springs,checked governor, and even checked the carb and it all looks ok.

I tried to find a picture of the bracket that has the springs attached just to make sure something hasn't gone wrong,but can only find a picture of the bracket with nothing attached.

I'm at a loss and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions as to what it may be.

It sounds as if the throttle cable is in the wrong hole of the control bracket, here's some pics of a Briggs TWIN eng, hook-up, I don't know if these are of any help, post a few pics of YOUR bracket and lets see if we can figure this out for ya !

20170524_120406.jpg...20170527_105544.jpg...DSCN5076.jpg

Depending on which side of engine your control cable comes on, should determine whether you use the top or bottom hole the "round - part" should rotate COUNTER-CLOCKWISE to INCREASE RPMs

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Consider classic "lean out." If the enrichment circuit is dirty or plugged (tiny passageway in the carb) when the carb butterfly is opened the mixture strength is diluted with incoming air (leaned) below combustion requirement.

Translation: I hate blaming carburetors, but you should review your gas maintenance and ask yourself if you have allowed varnish products to appear in a stored machine. (did not dope the gas and or drain it for winter or prolonged period of unuse)

On the other hand I can be entirely wrong which will be shown soon, I hope, when you fix your problem. Experts............?