Gt 235 Rear Hubs

ccl088

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone tried to remove the hubs off a GT235/225 and got them off in usable condition. Rusted on.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It has a Snap Ring you have to remove. Then use PBlaster or any other penetrating oil that is not WD40. Then a puller. The last hub I pulled required an 8-ton puller.
gt235.jpg

ccl088

Forum Newbie
Threads
What does a 8 ton puller look like? I have these 3 prong jobs that have hooks on the end but I can't see how that would work. You also don't want to mushroom the end of the axle. IDK...

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
What does a 8 ton puller look like? I have these 3 prong jobs that have hooks on the end but I can't see how that would work. You also don't want to mushroom the end of the axle. IDK...

IT is one of the 3 prong thing but really big.
8ton puller.JPG
I put a nut that will fit on the axel so it will get messed up instead of your axel.
You can also use this type of puller but they break easier.
steeringwheel puller.jpeg

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
WD40 is not a penetrating oil. It is a water displacement product. WD= Water Displacement 40= 40ith try.

You better tell Wikipedia that one then "WD-40 is the trademark name of a penetrating oil and water-displacing spray. The spray is manufactured by the WD-40 Company based in San Diego, California."

ccl088

Forum Newbie
Threads
You better tell Wikipedia that one then "WD-40 is the trademark name of a penetrating oil and water-displacing spray. The spray is manufactured by the WD-40 Company based in San Diego, California."

Well I know it removes rust as well so...

ccl088

Forum Newbie
Threads
IT is one of the 3 prong thing but really big.
View attachment 34486
I put a nut that will fit on the axel so it will get messed up instead of your axel.
You can also use this type of puller but they break easier.
View attachment 34487

Those I have but haven't had much luck. The area that the hooks connect to is thin and will bend them rendering the hub useless and that's if you get them off with the puller. I know about heating them to bright red but I am afraid of surly seal damage not to mention probable damage internally at the end of the axle.