Yard Machine

Ltmt

Threads
I am posting this for a friend as he does not have computer access where he is.
He has a Yard Machine that the body is apparently broke down. He has access to a Troy-Bilt that is good shape. The trouble comes in with a necessary engine swap as the engine on the Troy was a Kohler and the engine on the Yard Machine is a Briggs and Stratton. The Kohler is down for the count due to unfortunate circumstances but the Briggs is good. The concern is whether the Briggs will go into the Troy-Bilt where the Kohler use to reside. The Troy's engine plate has other holes cut in it like it was designed for different types of motors.
Can anyone tell me if this swap is possible without doing a lot of work? I think it will but just not sure enough. Oh if you thing we should just take the motor off and try it there is some other logistics in the way for that to happen.
I appreciate any input anybody might have in this matter.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes in a nutshell. the briggs will bolt up to the frame no problem. the issues will be the exhaust will not interchange other than maybe the muffler, but the exhaust pipe will be different. Also the electrical could be different, and may require adding some components like starter solenoid if the kohler had the solenoid mounted to the starter. the main things to pay attention to will be the type of charging system. Can't use a non regulated charging system on a electric clutch setup. Also make sure the crankshaft diameter is the same. The length could be slightly different but shouldn't create issues unless there is a big difference in length.