LA 115 deck belt guides

CajunMan89

Threads
Mine has plastic deck belt guides, and the pulleys keep cutting through them until I eventually have to replace them. Is this normal? If not, what can I do to fix this? It's been doing this since it was brand new, so I'm sure it's not a maintenance issue.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Belt guides should not be touching the pullies. If they are then a problem with mounting needs to be taken care of. Like spacers or something.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have looked through your parts diagram. I find nothing except for steel belt guides. What are you calling a belt guide that is plastic?

Threads
I am thinking wrong covers or belt is on wrong. I doubt the belt is on wrong if it's cutting right.

Most Deeres I have worked on only have 1 cover on the deck ~!~!

Hope this helps Mon Ami ~!~!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is a pulley guard. I thought that was what you were talking about but I had to make sure. Is it possible to open them up a little when installing them? Also they are not nessary. It is a John Deere will not get sued if these are installed. I run my mower without them. All they do on my mower is collect grass. This should go without saying but if you remove them make sure the blades are not moving before you dismount your mower.

CajunMan89

Threads
That is a pulley guard. I thought that was what you were talking about but I had to make sure. Is it possible to open them up a little when installing them? Also they are not nessary. It is a John Deere will not get sued if these are installed. I run my mower without them. All they do on my mower is collect grass. This should go without saying but if you remove them make sure the blades are not moving before you dismount your mower.

The plastic is not that flexible. I've tried cutting without them...the belt slips right off. I've seen others with metal guides, but this one only has these. There's nothing else there to keep the belt on.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well this is a first for me. I have no idea what the problem. Hope someone else has seen this and will chime in.

Threads
Some one put a extra one on by mistake they only come with 1 on the deck and it's on the left side or I should say drivers side .

The belt will come off if you take off the cover/guard. Where are you located Cajun Man ??

CajunMan89

Threads
Some one put a extra one on by mistake they only come with 1 on the deck and it's on the left side or I should say drivers side .

The belt will come off if you take off the cover/guard. Where are you located Cajun Man ??

Odd...the guards are different. One has two bolts, the other has three. My owners manual (OMGX23404 19) on page 33, has an illustration of the deck, labeled MX25906, and it has a guard on both sides.

I'm in Lake Charles.