LA 115 deck belt guides

Threads
I stand corrected I see 2 belt guards every where I look on the web and your manual. Something is pas bon with the idler
pulley causing the belt to be out of alignment ~!~!

CajunMan89

Threads
If you can take a pic so we can see the arrangement that would help

Mais, that's not good! The bearings are still good, so I wouldn't know what else to do if it's an alignment issue...I'm not much of a mechanic, but I do surprise myself sometime!

I'll post a picture in the morning.

So, you're in the Big E?

Fragger

Threads
:banana:mains i aint never seen that:confused2: !! hurry up with that pic

Threads
Yep in Eunice not far from you Mon Ami ~!~!

If you listen to KBON 101.1 FM and tune in on Thursday nights you can hear me and Todd doing the swamp and roll show.

Bill95

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have seen this a lot, some other models have those covers and where the belt chews into it there is a steel pin encased in the plastic that you only see once its worn or if you look on the underside you can see the end of the pin. if you can figure out which one would fit on your deck if one is compatible then it wont chew through the plastic the steel will stop it, those covers seem to act as belt guides.
Anyways there like 10$ each in Canada they are pretty cheap so i just replace them.

CajunMan89

Threads
Yep in Eunice not far from you Mon Ami ~!~!

If you listen to KBON 101.1 FM and tune in on Thursday nights you can hear me and Todd doing the swamp and roll show.

Sure do! A lot of my family are in Eunice. My Parrain had Olivier's Pawn Shop years ago. My deceased dad was a musician and played steel guitar with the late great Phil Menard and many others.

Anyways...here are the pics. I took a few to see how it's only cutting through one guard.P1020142.jpgP1020143.jpgP1020144.jpgP1020145.jpgP1020146.jpg

Bill95

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also on my mower that this was doing that I had tightened the bolt down too tight or too fast and it twisted the cover and pushed it in too close to the belt. So I tightened it nice and slow with some grease on the plastic to lube the bolt so it wouldn't grip the plastic while pushing it out from the inside and that helped keep it away from the pulley, but those covers are considered sacrificial.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is a poor design indead.