10 h engine

njtinman

Forum Newbie
Threads
a friend gave me a coleman powermate generator and of course it does not run so i soaked the carb in cleaner and replaced the ing coil ood the only thingfor no spark i am only getting 30 psi compresson i pulled the head the cyl and piston look g i found was that i caan turn the exh valve when it is closed is this normal?
mod 19C412 type 1180 e2 code 990318 yd thanks for any help

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Turning the valves with them fully closed mean either you don't have proper valve clearance, or there is something wrong with the valve seat to valve interaction.

Fragger

Threads
30 psi compression is TOO low after pulling the head, and replace the head gasket and look the cylinder walls, if you can see visible scratches or a ridge in the cylinder wall then you will have to get it honed
also check for burned,pitted or sticking valves, you have to turn it over by hand to check that
if the headgasket doesnt help if the cylinder walls and valves are in good condition, then you should look into a new set of piston rings, i would go with a new set of rings if you got the engine that far down already