Gravely Pro Turn - Bogus storage on tank???

Jarniscipus

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought an immaculate second had 2014 Pro Turn 160 with 75 hours on it (less than half the price of the new 2017 so not to bad of a deal I hope). I love the machine, however, there is one weird thing that I do not understand. On the left gas tank there is an open storage compartment adjacent to the cupholder. On it are 4 threaded inserts to screw something in. Does anyone know what this useless storage space is for - if you put something in it, it just slides out and falls off the mower. Even more interesting is what are the 4 threaded inserts for? I attached a photo. Maybe I am missing something or a part, but I have seen other units with the same setup.

I also attached a photo of a bracket I made to make this storage space useable. One of my petvees is that so many tractors have very little storage space, it is annoying really to me. I need a place for my phone, sunglasses, keys, etc. So I whipped up this quick bracket and screwed it to the tank using 2 of the 4 unknown threaded inserts. It works great, now I can actually put stuff on the mower!!!

Attachments

• 20171010_232755.jpg
    20171010_232755.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 33
  • 20171010_233012.jpg
    20171010_233012.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Useless bin.jpg
    Useless bin.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 32

tbzep

Threads
I just bought an immaculate second had 2014 Pro Turn 160 with 75 hours on it (less than half the price of the new 2017 so not to bad of a deal I hope). I love the machine, however, there is one weird thing that I do not understand. On the left gas tank there is an open storage compartment adjacent to the cupholder. On it are 4 threaded inserts to screw something in. Does anyone know what this useless storage space is for - if you put something in it, it just slides out and falls off the mower. Even more interesting is what are the 4 threaded inserts for? I attached a photo. Maybe I am missing something or a part, but I have seen other units with the same setup.

I also attached a photo of a bracket I made to make this storage space useable. One of my petvees is that so many tractors have very little storage space, it is annoying really to me. I need a place for my phone, sunglasses, keys, etc. So I whipped up this quick bracket and screwed it to the tank using 2 of the 4 unknown threaded inserts. It works great, now I can actually put stuff on the mower!!!
There is a panel with a fuel valve that screws on that location in higher models.

Pic showing the panel/valve.
http://kielequipment.com/used/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/IMG_3380.jpg

Jarniscipus

Forum Newbie
Threads
Excellent that is very helpful now i know....