Freedom-Z Deck Wheel Dragging Sideways

TFerguson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 48" Freedom-Z and the non-caster wheel on the front, left side of the deck really tears up the lawn when being dragged sideways while turning to go around things. I am I doing something wrong? Is there a caster type replacement? Another solution? TIA

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The anti-scalp wheels are not supposed to touch the ground unless needed to stop scalping. With mower on level concrete and your deck set at mowing height, your wheels should be off the ground by a set amount. Read your manual to get the correct height. Mine are set at 1/2 inch off the ground. I have a Husqvarna with stamped deck so it is not the same as yours.

TFerguson

Forum Newbie
Threads
The anti-scalp wheels are not supposed to touch the ground unless needed to stop scalping. With mower on level concrete and your deck set at mowing height, your wheels should be off the ground by a set amount. Read your manual to get the correct height. Mine are set at 1/2 inch off the ground. I have a Husqvarna with stamped deck so it is not the same as yours.

Thanks. I don't see anything in the manual, but there are only two positions for the wheel. I moved it to the upper position since it is way lower than the center deck wheels. Much better.