Basic Fluid questions.

Jeffroe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello new to choppers and after reading the manual I feel more confused than before I started! I just got a 1999 XWD2600. It was kind of beat up so I cleaned it and straightened it. Now I just want to get the mechanical condition as good as it can be. The manual says several different things concerning fluids and show NO specific diagrams as to what is really what for the most part. I understand there are three types of fluids on this machine. Diesel fuel for combustion, pump drive power (hydraulic fluid not used) but 15w-40 motor oil, and the third fluid is actually the diesel engine oil which also is 15w-40 motor oil. So three reservoirs types and two basic fluids. I think I understand there are three fuel tanks/reservoirs on this machine. All three top tanks by the arm chair rest are diesel fuel. The oil tank for the hydraulic pumps is under the seat and takes motor oil. And the Yanmar Diesel also takes motor oil. If I'm correct I find it weird to have three separate tanks up top for diesel fuel. I just don't want to make any mistakes. Any help is appreciated! thanks!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 9

zman111666

Threads
According to the parts list, you do indeed have all those fuel tanks. It also looks like you should be able to shut off each one as necessary for service. Check for a valve at the bottom.

Jeffroe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Zman thank you very much for the reply! And thank you for the link. I too have a link that has almost all the same info. Please excuse my ignorance. As I understand the fuel system page the diagram shows 4 caps showing 4 tanks when I only have 3. also it has items numbered below listing the individual pieces above but there are no numbers in the diagram that links the pieces to the below parts? So when it's not like mine I get concerned that all my stuff is not the same. I have traced the lines and although I believe I know they are fuel I was just wanting to make sure.

Also if you will notice in the parts list below it indicated that it has fuel valves under each tank but the diagram does not show it that I can see. Also my mower as it appears to still be factory lines also like the diagram has no fuel shut off valves. If I'm wrong please excuse me but if I'm not I hope you see my concern once things aren't as they are declared to be. Thanks again!

Attachments

• chopper fuel.jpg
    chopper fuel.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 4

zman111666

Threads
Yeah, I noticed all that too. The diagram is severely lacking. I think maybe there was a fourth tank option? Or maybe the guy doing the diagrams was running out of patience to pay attention to detail. I wish I could tell you with more certainty the answer to your questions, but I have no personal experience with that particular machine. That is one clean mower you mower you got there. Wear shades when you ride it, cause that thing is shiny!

Jeffroe

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK Zman. Thanks for the kind words. I've shined 20 years of crud off of it! Lol I was hoping I'd missed something in the diagrams because what I have and what I says I have are not the same. I did read that in the early years of Dixie chopper that they (factory) were in quite a state of perpetual confusion. Good mowers they say but the consistency of like parts used were suspect also! I've seen some factory welds on this pig and I see that they weren't worried about appearance in all areas. But it does seem built tractor solid. Thanks again for all of your help and effort, don't think it's not appreciated. I'd better get on ebay and get me some mowing shades! :cool:

Thanks,

Jeffro

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 8