Mower deck Huskee Supreme SLT 4200 (possibly 2005) PTO?

brdieman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I am new to this forum and wanted to see if someone may be able to provide me some guidance? I have a Huskee Supreme SLT 4200. I has the lever similar to a turn signal on the left used to engage the blades. I recently purchased the mower at an auction and it seems to run great. However, when the lever is pushed forward to engage the blades it causes the motor to choke and eventually shut off. If I push the lever about a quarter of the way they turn and the mower still runs but at about 50% up it starts the choking. I sure hope someone can provide a clarification to this and possibly a simple fix?? Thank You,

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can you provide us with the model and serial number from the tag under the seat. That way we can see what mower you are working on. Something you may want to try. Take the belt off the mower and then start and try to engage the blades. If it dies then most likely we could be dealing with a safety switch issue. It is keeps running then possibly something wrong with the deck.

brdieman

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Model Number is I3AL606G730 (and under that is 4490045)

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's 13, not I3.....

Anyway, yours is similar to mine, but not identical.
Check your spindles and pulleys on the deck to make sure none are frozen.
Also, make sure that the belt is against the pulleys, and not on the outside of the keepers.

'Bout all I got for now....

brdieman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you Ronno6. I will check that out. That sounds like it could easily be the problem. Take care and have a great evening!!

guyina4x4

Threads
I have a similar mower that had a similar problem when I got it.
if i was sitting still, I could engage the blades slowly and it would stay running, if I tried to move it at all, it would die out
if I was moving at all and tried to engage the blades the engine would die out pretty quickly.

anyway, it was the carb needed cleaned and cleaned and cleaned, 3x and then I just bought a new carb.

the cleaning would help for a while then it would start surging and not wanting to run properly.

new carb was only $22 from ebay