B&S engine quits running when warms up

atlpgmr

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a B&S engine, 12H802-2640-B1 engine on a push mower that will start up when cold, run until it warms up, then starts to surge, and quits as if it is fuel starvation.
I've cleaned and overhauled the carb, replaced the air filter, replaced the fuel line, drained the fuel tank and refilled with new gas. I do get spark when the engine dies. (I can get it running again briefly with spraying starting fluid in the spark plug hole.)
I've also tried loosening and removing the gas cap to eliminate that as a problem.

atlpgmr

Forum Newbie
Threads
It has the primer bulb.

Threads
Well that eliminates the auto choke not working right....

I have seen this before. When the block heats up the intake tube is not sealed right. Take the air shroud off and look to see where the carb is attached at. Follow that tube under the coil and you will 2 small bolts going into the intake port. Look around that area for something out of place. Tighten those 2 bolts. If it is loose the gasket might be bad and causing an air leak.

I wanted to say coil at first but you covered a lot bases.....

You might have junk at the tank outlet......

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check all around the carb making sure its fitting right (as above) if still no joy check the valves settings.