Mower deck swapping mower decks

richardb

Threads
I have a Yardworks model13A7765G515,60-1852-2. The deck is rusted out,I tryed to add a patch but it's to far gone. I have a couple Craftsmen decks and I'm thinking of trying to use a Craftsman deck for a yardworks(MTD) mower can it be done? or can any thing else work,I thought about cutting the brackets off the Craftsmen,and weld them onto the MTD deck? Any help would be appreciated,

helomech

Threads
Anything can be made to work, just depends on how much you want to do, and your skill level.

richardb

Threads
Anything can be made to work, just depends on how much you want to do, and your skill level.
I understand, but I was asking if anyone has done this before,and if there are other deck's that might work better than a Craftsman deck.

blueberrymuzik

Forum Newbie
Threads
At lot will depend on who made the Craftsman. Some were made by MTD, others by AYP (Husqvarna) If both are MTD your chances for success are pretty good. If you are trying to put an AYP deck on a MTD, not so good.

richardb

Threads
At lot will depend on who made the Craftsman. Some were made by MTD, others by AYP (Husqvarna) If both are MTD your chances for success are pretty good. If you are trying to put an AYP deck on a MTD, not so good.
Thanks for that info,I wasn't aware MTD and some Craftsman were compatible.I'll have to check the deck's I have. Thanks again.

richardb

Threads
Thanks for that info,I wasn't aware MTD and some Craftsman were compatible.I'll have to check the deck's I have. Thanks again.

How will I know or how can I find who made the deck?,will it say made in Canada,or the USA. or just by comparison,in shape.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
First 3 numbers of the model number is 917 then it is Husqvarna.