Repairs Cub Cadet SR-621 Rear Wheel Replacement??

humblegeo

Forum Newbie
Threads
What is the trick for getting the two rear wheels off? Mine wore out and I purchased two new rear wheels to replace with. I have removed the center bolt and washer, now there is a ratchet like gear that is splined onto the shaft and it looks like it needs to come off before the wheel will come off but no matter how much prying, it doesn't seem to want to budge. Any ideas on this one? Where am I going wrong?

20171005_155001.jpg
20171006_065545.jpg

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is a removable bolt in the center. Just remove it.

humblegeo

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is a removable bolt in the center. Just remove it.
I've already removed the bolt and washer, still won't come off. I just want to make sure before I start getting rough with it, that the bolt and washer is all that needs to be removed before prying off the wheel.

20171006_065545.jpg

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Penetrating spray is next. Not WD40.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Gear is splined to the the shaft. Use good penetrating oil and see what happens. Has to come off before the wheel will come off. if everything was working right would just slide off the end of the axle/shaft.

humblegeo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I sprayed with BP Blaster and used a hammer to lightly tap on either side of the gear until it loosened up enough to slide off the splined shaft. From there it was a breeze. Thanks for the help with this stubborn wheel replacement.

BeckyB

Forum Newbie
Threads
We are trying to get the nut back on It just won’t start. Any ideas?