Access to underside

tew45

Threads
I have a 2003 721D and have started to develop some leaks. I am not as agile as I once was so I need suggestions as to how to get underneath. I started to use my front loader but decided that was not a wise thing to do. I even thought of building a service ramp like old auto grease ramp. I have a 9561 front deck so do you just tip it up on the side or? Any Ideas will be appreciated.

Honda Tech

Threads
I have a 2003 721D and have started to develop some leaks. I am not as agile as I once was so I need suggestions as to how to get underneath. I started to use my front loader but decided that was not a wise thing to do. I even thought of building a service ramp like old auto grease ramp. I have a 9561 front deck so do you just tip it up on the side or? Any Ideas will be appreciated.

Safety First! Jack stands and wheel blocks and someone else to aid you in case something goes wrong. Heavy machines. Treat it like you would a car.

If you can remove the front deck, all the better. A secured hoist would be great, but most of us don't have access to one. If you have leaks in the hydraulic system, you would be best served by getting the unit to a servicing dealer to repair. If you get any air or dirt in the system, it could cause severe damage to the system.

173abn

Threads
when you say leaks are you talkin oil,hydro or hoses ? I use an elec hoist on a trolly that runs on an H beam. It's used to lift my older 61 " deck to clean under it. I used to use automotive ramps..russ

Honda Tech

Threads
when you say leaks are you talkin oil,hydro or hoses ? I use an elec hoist on a trolly that runs on an H beam. It's used to lift my older 61 " deck to clean under it. I used to use automotive ramps..russ

I am thinking Hydraulic. Any contamination in the hydro system will severely damage the pumps in short order. The electric hoist you have should do the trick if properly set-up. I just don't want to see anyone get hurt when it can be avoided.

Good luck!

BWH

Threads

My previous mower was a 2003 721 mine had developed a leak on the left Gemini hydro but it only would be moist enough to collect dust on the housing which in time if not cleaned would plug the air cooling fins. Truthfully if its not a hose which even with a bad back should be accessible to change hoses from the top side. If the hydro is leaking you most likely will need to remove it to work on it or replace it, I really don't think that the accessibility from the bottom would be too much of an advantage. But that's just my opinion. If it's not leaking too bad making a mess on the floor and it's pulling true you might just wait to see if it gets worse. Mine actually had that leak for over 5 years and I sold it with the leak.