Raptor SD 54" Deck Discharge kit.

DJ660

Threads
Just released Hustler Kit converts previous and current 54" Raptor SD"s to SDX "open" style deck. This makes sense as the SDX is gone for '18

Attachments

• IMG_20171004_0001.pdf
    755.2 KB · Views: 328

Kremeneon

Threads
Just released Hustler Kit converts previous and current 54" Raptor SD"s to SDX "open" style deck. This makes sense as the SDX is gone for '18

I'm interested, looks like the pictures show an angle iron brace across the top of the opening, and then the existing brace cut out.

kraky

Threads
Whew! Years of customer grumbling ( and possibly seeing lower-priced competition lol)....finally getting through!

BEYTILL

Threads
LOL. Save yourself some money and get a cutoff wheel or use a sawzaw.

mhavanti

Threads
Beytill,

Don't you think that piece Hustler is adding to the top is for some of us idiots that run the leading edge of the deck into some immovable, overly dense object to keep from bending the front back into the blade?

Although in theory it should work, I'm betting there is someone in this forum than can more than likely bend a deck regardless of the over the top addition and leave the original stiffener in place. What ya wanna bet? lol

I have seen several folks cut out the stiffener and then state they wish they hadn't because it turns out the discharge was absolutely fine. That's the reason mine is still in place. Not worth the effort plus creating a starting point for rust to begin.

Jersey577, what can you add to this?

BEYTILL

Threads
Sure.....I’ve been running it that way for just about 2 years now, over 200 hours and some pretty rough terrain with no problems. I had also bought the mulching kit early last year but after a few weeks just wasn’t impressed. So I took
the separaters off, cut the welds off the blocking piece that held the curved piece and reinstalled the flat top piece and run it open till the end off the year and rebolt the curved piece for mulching leaves. Does a hell of a job.

BEYTILL

Threads
Also......what height do you run you deck at? I run mine at 3 3/4” and at 3 1/4” for mulching.
And as for the idiots, you said it, not me, if you can’t stop your machine before your deck hits/runs into whatever.......maybe, just maybe you should fine someone else to do your mowing.

Markzont

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi so does this mean the 2018 RSD decks come standard with the open style deck? Any info on 2018 updates / upgrades would be great as I'm looking to get a RSD 54" cheers

mhavanti

Threads
BEYTILL,

My apologies for not replying sooner. I have no idea why I haven't seen your question before now.

I run my height at 3 1/2 for cutting season and then when fall begins to set in, I begin cutting back to two inches in increments of an inch the first cutback, then a half inch for the next and usually last. Looks good and doesn't make the ole Bermuda up and try to leave the country.

Max

ariens87

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was also wondering about the discharge chute bar, if it will be standard since the sdx is now gone. Let me know, only reason why I won't buy one yet