52" Raptor Drive power loss

kraky

Threads
So just curious.....
What did the oil coming out look like .....did it look like it was extremely dirty?
Metal contamination......water contaminated......or was it just maybe low on oil?
Is it working good now?

Boxermaniac98

Forum Newbie
Threads
So just curious.....
What did the oil coming out look like .....did it look like it was extremely dirty?
Metal contamination......water contaminated......or was it just maybe low on oil?
Is it working good now?

I think dirty and low. I found the born on date and its about one year old. I think it was just abused and never any maintenance. I need covers for the deck and want to replace the spindles. And the discharge shoot.

kraky

Threads
It's kind of amazing how some of these people can run a unit in the ground in a year or two's time...yikes..... I'm sure your Hustler is glad to be at home in your garage!

Boxermaniac98

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's kind of amazing how some of these people can run a unit in the ground in a year or two's time...yikes..... I'm sure your Hustler is glad to be at home in your garage!

I thinks so, I will treat my Hustler like I do my Harley. Cleaned after every use and maintained like it is supposed to.

Tudorp

Threads
Might be too late for a reply, but I just joined. I don't have that problem, but, there is a couple very good videos of rebuilding the Hydro-Gear ZT-2200 which is the hydros our mowers have. They do have a filter, but it is internal. One of the videos had that very same issue. It drove fine until it ran for awhile, and that is because the oil thins as it heats up and started blowing by the pump pistons. His issue was the pump housing being aluminum and the pistons being steel, they wore groves in the housing letting oil blow past so would loose pressure once the oil heats up and thins. That part is about $130, for it and the seal kits, but it will save you $600 for a whole new unit. Rebuild seems very straight forward assuming you have mechanical aptitude, you shouldn't have a problem opening it up. His was on a Toro I think, but most consumer ZTRs have the same hydro as ours does. Just search "Hydro-Gear TZ-2200" on Youtube, and you will find a lot of videos on it.

Boxermaniac98

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone as it is mowing season, the troubles began. Last season I explained the power loss in the transaxles, I did what was recommended here and it helped this year my intention is to rebuild both units. I would like some feed back on what are things to look for and any additional mods that may make it perform better while I have these on the bench.

Also I am going to want to rebuild or replace the spindle shafts this year as I believe they are a little loud when mowing. Which is better just buy whole new assembly for $30 each or purchase the rebuild kit? Again I ask the same question as above any change in the original set up to improve life or performance?

********HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM********NOW FOR THE REAL REASON I POSTED TODAY*******

Mowed last night got the front and side complete another 1.5 acres to be done and the mower stops running in the middle of the yard. I push the clutch switch open the levers and it starts no problem. If I pull the levers in to start moving the mower stalls, if I pull the clutch switch the motor stalls.

Are there modules or solenoids under the control panel that would cause this?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello everyone as it is mowing season, the troubles began. Last season I explained the power loss in the transaxles, I did what was recommended here and it helped this year my intention is to rebuild both units. I would like some feed back on what are things to look for and any additional mods that may make it perform better while I have these on the bench.

Also I am going to want to rebuild or replace the spindle shafts this year as I believe they are a little loud when mowing. Which is better just buy whole new assembly for $30 each or purchase the rebuild kit? Again I ask the same question as above any change in the original set up to improve life or performance?

********HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM********NOW FOR THE REAL REASON I POSTED TODAY*******

Mowed last night got the front and side complete another 1.5 acres to be done and the mower stops running in the middle of the yard. I push the clutch switch open the levers and it starts no problem. If I pull the levers in to start moving the mower stalls, if I pull the clutch switch the motor stalls.

Are there modules or solenoids under the control panel that would cause this?
Sounds like a bad seat switch to me.