Walan

Walan

Forum Newbie
Threads
My briggs & Stratton 6.25 engine on my craftsman lawn mower starts on the first or second pull. However, after running for a while and becoming hot, it will not restart after shutting off to empty bag. Have to wait until engine cools and it will restart again on one to four pulls of rope. The spark plug has been replaced, gasoline is fresh. Mower is approximately ten years old and maintenance has been kept up. Any advice is appreciated

Walan

Forum Newbie
Threads
If it is an auto choke model, replace the choke unit.

Thanks for responding. I'm not sure if there is a choke unit on the engine. There is a rubber primer bulb I push 4 or 5 times to get the gas to the carburetor on the initial start. However, up until this week when the problem presented itself, it was not necessary to prime it again after engine had been running. I did try to prime it again while engine was hot and still would not start until enigine had cooled.

Threads
I have seen the intake tube get loose because of the heat and do that. Tighten the 2 screws on the intake and see if you can get a half turn on them.

You will have to take your cosmetic cover off and the air shroud. Look where the carb is attached and go the opposite way from the carb There you will see the 2 bolts..

Let us know ~!~!

Walan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have seen the intake tube get loose because of the heat and do that. Tighten the 2 screws on the intake and see if you can get a half turn on them.

You will have to take your cosmetic cover off and the air shroud. Look where the carb is attached and go the opposite way from the carb There you will see the 2 bolts..

Let us know ~!~!

Thank you Boudreaux for your reply. I won't be available to check your advice until this weekend. Will let you know if it works. Thank you again.