Grass clippings ejection on 2012 Hustler Sport

SteveHaller

Threads
Greetings;

I have a 2012 Hustler Sport 42" dual blade and find that the grass ejection is not great.. can be clumping even when the grass is dry. About 3 years ago I purchased and installed Gator high lift blades for more air flow through the deck. This helped but the spreading of clippings is still not near what I would have hoped for. I think it may have to do with the type of my grass. I am in the Toronto, Ontario area and the higher elevated areas with what I would call normal Kentucky grass, do pretty good, but the lower lying areas which can be quite wet (not the grass but the underlying soil) have been taken over with what I believe is known as bent grass.. I am told the same type that is used on golf courses. This is a much finer grass, probably with more moisture and just does not spread very well.. spreads un-evenly with some clumping even with the hi-lift blades. Anyone have any comments or experience? I generally cut my grass every 6-7 days, so excessive lenght is not an issue. Also, I keep the deck underside very clean in terms of build-up that could impact this.

Thanks.

kraky

Threads
Do you have both Gator blades and high-lift blades?
Are you cutting with the chute down or with the chute up or is it possible you could maybe tilt the chute up a little bit?
What height is your grass growing too and what are you cutting it down to?
More info please....

SteveHaller

Threads
Yes, both. In other words Gator high lift blades
Cutting with the chute up, and I have a string attached to it so I can secure it in varioius levels of up position, it helps, but I still end up with clumping even when cutting dry grass
My mower is set for a 2.5" cutting height and I am am probably cutting 1" to 1.5" off

Thanks.

Do you have both Gator blades and high-lift blades?
Are you cutting with the chute down or with the chute up or is it possible you could maybe tilt the chute up a little bit?
What height is your grass growing too and what are you cutting it down to?
More info please....

kraky

Threads
Good lord..... I would think even a low lift blade might work okay in those conditions you have me totally stumped

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do you have the forward or rear sweep deck?