MTD 548 Lawnflite Blade Replacement

Craigieford

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI,

Maybe someone can help me here, I have 1988 or 89 MTD Lawnflite 30" that I have dragged out of the back of a shed and got going again, but I want to replace the blades... do I have to remove the complete cutting deck to get into the nuts that hold the blades on??

How do I do this?

Thanks

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Three bolts in the middle of blade setup. Jack up the mower and you can access them from underneath.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our MTD section.

Craigieford

Forum Newbie
Threads
Three bolts in the middle of blade setup. Jack up the mower and you can access them from underneath.

Thanks for that, but thats not working, there are other bolts and when I look at the diagram they look to have nuts on them as well that you cant access... but looks like you can only access them from the top?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The main bolt in the center of the 3 allowes you to remove entire peice. If it is not comming off then you need to use some penetrating spray. Not WD40. Then maybe a puller to remove it.

Craigieford

Forum Newbie
Threads
The main bolt in the center of the 3 allowes you to remove entire peice. If it is not comming off then you need to use some penetrating spray. Not WD40. Then maybe a puller to remove it.

thanks, spray applied.. been on there for a while so might take some work to get it off... more spray I think, the mower sat idle for about 10 odd years in the back of a shed so things are a bit stiff...

Craigieford

Forum Newbie
Threads

All done and fixed... thanks for the great advice