Intek 24 HP not governing

Jeffj803

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Intek 44R877 on Husqvarna riding mower. Currently the engine is running ungoverned. I verified that the governor was properly set. I suspect that something has happened with the governor gear, fly weights, or governor cup.

I am able to manually hold the carb linkage in the closed position up against the idle screw and get it to idle but as soon as I release or relax pressured on it the engine revs up ungoverned. Before I pull the engine and inspect the governor gear, fly weights etc, is there anything else I could/should check?

Thanks,
Jeff

Honda Tech

Threads
If you can feel strong resistance when you push against the governor arm while running, then your governor is operating. Would not surprise me if it is incorrectly adjusted. Standard procedure is to note the direction the governor arm shaft rotates when the arm is moved to Wide Open Throttle. Loosen governor arm. Push to Wide Open Throttle and rotate Governor Arm Shaft is previously observed direction. Tighten governor arm bolt.

That should take care of it or else it will most likely be internal, requiring engine removal and teardown.

Good Luck!