Fuel pump question.

dfbroxy

Threads
Hi
Kinda new to this forum and know just enough about mowers to be dangerous. I have a John Deere 155c model 445777 0264 e1. Problem is the rubber tube that goes from fuel pump to valve cover dry rotted in half. Is this just regular fuel line or a ordered part? I tried to look it up and it doesnt show on diagram. This is a restoration project with a lot to repair so this might be the first of many questions. The motor runs but has a blown head gasket that Im working on now. From there its on to the jacked up wiring harness. Last owner had a no start problem and tried to bypass all the safety switches with no luck and left me with a bunch of spagitti. So anyway thanks for all input you have.

dfbroxy

Threads
Thank you so much.

dfbroxy

Threads
So just an update on the Deere. Finished pulling the head and the gasket looked in almost perfect condition. Crap! Well, Im thinking that means a ring job is in order. If there is anything else that could cause blowby and a dead cylinder please let me know. On the bright side, I looked at the cylinder walls and it still has clear crosshatching. With this motor being ten years old, I expected to see definate wear. BTW it has steel sleeves.

Threads
Just one head you pulled off ?? The # you put up is a twin cylinder.....

If it is a twin I would change both head gaskets and buy a new hose for the fuel pump. Is this the part you need ??
Briggs and Stratton 694000 Vacuum Hose - Jacks Small Engines
https://www.jackssmallengines.com › Diagrams By Model

dfbroxy

Threads
So, .I took your advice and pulled the other head. Gasket looks the same. Glad I did it this way cause even tho it was fireing it was gunked and carboned up pretty bad. Im now in the process of cleaning up both heads and lapping the valves. Head gaskets and valve cover breather hose had to be ordered and wont be in till tomorrow. In the mean time Im thinking about pulling flywheel to check crankshaft seal for leaking. There is a lot of caked on oily dirt behind carb and cylinder fins.