What's th Best way to immobilize a riding mower to prevent thieft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / What's th Best way to immobilize a riding mower to prevent thieft?
and that's the truth

robstud

Forum Newbie
Threads
12 guage:laughing:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's what thieves need to understand.

This is why we have laws and police. Its NOT OK just to start killing because someone is taking your lawn mower.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well considering in 2016 12,834 people were killed by shooting in the USA (not including those shot by law agencies ) then add 42,000 who survived being shot seem a lot of your fellow citizens do not agree with you

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is why we have laws and police. Its NOT OK just to start killing because someone is taking your lawn mower.

Then there's no incentive for thieves NOT to steal your lawnmower. Being arrested and put on probation doesn't deter many criminals.

Last edited:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Then there's no incentive for thieves NOT to steal your lawnmower. Being arrested and put on probation doesn't deter many criminals.

This is going nowhere and not making a lick of sense. And NO bert we aren't a bunch of killers shooting each other, you have the wrong country. As I said earlier its just crazy talking. Yes I do own guns but for sport only and I do have some deer meat in the freezer.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This is going nowhere and not making a lick of sense. And NO bert we aren't a bunch of killers shooting each other, you have the wrong country. As I said earlier its just crazy talking. Yes I do own guns but for sport only and I do have some deer meat in the freezer.

Well in a country of 300,000,000 I would hope there was at least 1 person with the right attitude to firearms.
I do not own any but have occasionaly gone shooting & am not a bad shot.
The hunters I go with all use single shot high velocity rifles.
The professionals who come out to shoot rabbits also use single shot rifles , many of them WW II .303 Enfields with a small magazine .
Equipted thus they can manage 200 rabbits a night regularly where as if we spotlight and neck break we are hard put to bag 50 a night.

A friend ran a chicken farm and he used a double barrel shot gun for snakes and a .22 for foxes.
A red fox skin with a single head shot is worth $ 5
His children used the pump action till they were in their early teens, mainly in case they missed cause angry brown snakes are not fun .

I am not a prude when to comes to firearms and firmly believe in the Swiss model where every person has to do manditory fire arms courses and every house has to have a long arm for every male occupant.
Then have the lowest firearms accidents & injuries of any country in the world, including here where firearms & crossbows are heavily restricted.

I can not find any reason why any person in a civilized country under a reasonable rule of law enforced by a reasonable & accountable police force would require rapid fire large capacity assult weapons.

If you have any, I would be interested to hear them.
While I have never actively served I have trained & we were taught the purpose of rapid fire was to keep the enemy pinned down so they could be out flanked, surrounded or targeted by artillary .

And yes this thread has gone into the relems of lunacy

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Then perhaps we should ask the moderators to close the thread and move it from the normal viewing area.

Status
Not open for further replies.