Kawasaki FH680V-S01

Travlitt

Threads
I am having charging problems with this engine.
Question; AC voltage
1. When measuring the ac voltage coming from the stator, do you measure the voltage between the 2 white wires or do you measure the voltage from each wire to a ground point.
2.What is the acceptable low voltage and the acceptable high voltage?

Regulator.
Looking at the spades on the 3 terminal regulator, The 2 white wires terminals are molded together so they have to be connected to 2 spades on the regulator that are side by side. However the dc spade is between the 2 AC spades. So my question here , is this correct or what am i missing.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
This should help you.......

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 15

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your complete engine manual is available as a digital download from Kawasaki if you live in the USA.
AC goes from + to - but DC goes from + to 0
Thus you need 24v AC in order to get 12v DC.
There are 4 connections to a rectifier.
In your case 3 wires and a ground connection.
Because of the way they are made, bridge rectifiers usually have the connections opposite each other so you get DC- AC - DC - AC.
You can test the AC output to ground, each wire should show 1/2 what it shows between them

Travlitt

Threads
Your complete engine manual is available as a digital download from Kawasaki if you live in the USA.
AC goes from + to - but DC goes from + to 0
Thus you need 24v AC in order to get 12v DC.
There are 4 connections to a rectifier.
In your case 3 wires and a ground connection.
Because of the way they are made, bridge rectifiers usually have the connections opposite each other so you get DC- AC - DC - AC.
You can test the AC output to ground, each wire should show 1/2 what it shows between them

Thanks