Trac Vac Chute Adapter for 2017 54" Raptor SD

83scrambler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey All,

I am gearing up for fall here in Indianapolis and looking at how I am going to fit up my TracVac 580 (trailer with blower) to my 2017 54" Raptor SD.

I see three paths forward:

1. Get ahold of a Hustler Bagger Chute and modify to fit
- Benefit: minimal fabrication to get to work, formed plastic with assumed relatively tight fit up
- Unknown: Cost, or if I can just buy the part... sure can't find on online anywhere

2. Modify the TracVac boot that came with the TracVac
- Benefit: Its Metal? not much more to it than that
- Con: Fabrication time, and tie is something I rarely have in the shop these days unfortunately

3. Fabricate a whole new boot
- Benefit: shop time... that I don't have

Anyone out there have experience with #1? Seems like the path of least resistance.

kraky

Threads
When I had a FasTrak SD I bought just the steel plate that is used in the mulching kit.... I was hoping I could just grind leaves with it but it didn't work out because once the discharge chute was sealed off the leaves just blew out everywhere else on the deck especially the front of the deck and up onto me.
But the steel plate was very well made and it fit over the deck real nicely I was just thinking out loud that maybe you could cut out the discharge chute on one of those plates and then use the outer shell as part of your boot formation?

MannyJ

Threads
I would say go with the factory discharge chute for a Hustler bagger. That way you only have to figure out how to affix the hose to the discharge chute. One for a 48" deck recently sold on eBay for $47.00 so they do come from time to time so you might get lucky. The challenge with that is you have to have time to wait for one to come up. Not good if you are trying to get one for this fall.

Otherwise if you have a dealer nearby see if they can order just the discharge chute part and the retaining plate for you or at least ask them to give you the parts numbers so you can check online for them.

Here is a picture of mine as reference and good luck!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YSixKqDFvX1VG4rh1

83scrambler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bad news on the Catcher Chute part number 604815, its $152.76!

At that rate I think it best to fabricate one.

Anyone have pics of what they have done... or am I the only person to head down this path?

MannyJ

Threads
I think you might be the canary in the coal mine on this one. I have seen people use a 90 degree aluminum duct on their mower decks to make a DIY catchers before.

They come in several sizes so maybe you can find one with the right size for your deck and hose opening.

Attachments

• 1224324_L.jpg
    1224324_L.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 6