Walk Behind Electric Blower Vacuum Mulcher - Green - Sun Joe

TonyLawnMan

Threads
  • / Walk Behind Electric Blower Vacuum Mulcher - Green - Sun Joe
Found this for sale for $150 at Home Depot and Walmart, but currently for online orders Target has the item for $85.

https://www.target.com/p/3-1-walk-b...er-green-sun-joe-174/-/A-52804018#lnk=sametab

Having spent time with a hand held vac-mulcher with either a bag over my shoulder or a tube to a collection can; this looks like a better approach. I did try a gas powered one years ago, but the bag was terrible to remove and empty so when an electrical problem developed, I gave it away to a mechanic rather than tried to fix it.

Has anyone here tried one of these electric walk behind vacuum mulchers?

MowerMike

Threads
The reviews are very bad, so I don’t know if I’d go for it. I have a more expensive cordless model that works very well.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Read what it says it is good for "maximum suction, ideal for cleaning the porch, patio, garage or workshop."
It has a less than powerful 13.5amp motor. I would avoid this one.

TonyLawnMan

Threads
I probably should have listened and avoided this one. At least I found it for $75 instead of the $150 Home Depot was asking, but now HD's price is also down to $75 (That alone should tell you volumes).
It is pretty much limited to hard surfaces and smaller size dry leaves.
I can still get some utility to put a fine shread on leaves picked up with the mower in order to fit a lot more in the yard waste barrel, but even that is limited by how easily the wide opening clogs. I would still give it 2 stars just because it does save my back compared to other leaf vacs.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a little test for any yard product.
Google the brand name.
If it only comes up with the product on sale but no reference to a factory or warehouse then you can assume it is just an Ifoolyou product from China with no after sales support in a different colour with a different sticker on it.
So best left where it is and hope the vendor looses enough money on them they never import any more.
Most likely they imported them for $ 25 each.
Fun to go to Made in China or Alibaba and look them up.
Do it ofen enough and you might just get outraged enough at paying 25 times what they cost you might even start buying locally made products which have a warranty and employ fellow Americans to make them.

TonyLawnMan

Threads
I bought the Sun Joe product in the Sun Joe box with their name all over the thing. Sun Joe is an American company with products designed in America and I am pretty sure they are manufactured in China anyway.
If there is an American or even Australian made electrically powered, wheeled, leaf vacuum/shredder that you know of then please do share.

Cheers,

Tony