help understanding stihl part numbers

JustThePartsGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
so i have quite a bit of stihl part numbers, and im curious as to what they stand for. for instance, i have this part and the part number is 1137-020-1203-B

does anyone know what these all stand for? what does the B at the end stand for? i've seen some say A, and some have none. just trying to figure it out a little more.
thanks y'all.

blueberrymuzik

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is the part number for a MS192 Cylinder & Piston. I'm not certain as to the significance of the "B" suffix

JustThePartsGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is the part number for a MS192 Cylinder & Piston. I'm not certain as to the significance of the "B" suffix

Yeah, same here. im still confused on the entire stihl part numbers. I'd really like to know what the numbers all stood for. thanks anyways tho!

blueberrymuzik

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, the first 4 numbers, in this case 1137, indicate a particular "family" of products. The 1137 indicates the MS192 chainsaw. Other 4 digit "families", such as 1128, have several members- 044, 046, MS440, MS460, MS461. The second group of numbers, in this case 020, identify the type of part. The 020 is a cylinder. Other cylinders from various families, will have 020 as the identifier. The last 4 digits, in this case 1203, identify the particular part. This becomes very important in families where the are a lot of similar models, but each member uses some unique parts. Going back to the 1128 family- the cylinders are all different on the MS440, MS460, MS461 models.

I hope this helps. It isn't anything I've read, just figured out from working with Stihl products for several years.