Mower deck XT1 (46" deck)

Flyfisher1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Help......My machine is only two years old. Runs perfect & all was operating as it should. This just started, while running & trying to engage the pto for the deck, it will stall out, regardless of the engine speed. Have fresh fuel, new fuel filter, spark plugs, set the coil gaps & sprayed a cleaner in the carb. Everything appears to be in place on the deck. Tractor is always clean and stored in a garage. Any ideas out there would be much appreciated.

deck~dragger

Threads
Lift up the seat and you will see wires plugged into a pressure safety switch [ bottom of seat] . Switch could be faulty or not making good contact.

Flyfisher1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lift up the seat and you will see wires plugged into a pressure safety switch [ bottom of seat] . Switch could be faulty or not making good contact.

Thank you for responding it is much appreciated. Haven't checked the switch as you suggested yet but will. I removed the mower deck, started the tractor, let it warm up, tried to engage the pto ever so slightly & it will stall out unless you release the pto lever. The tractor runs great & has all kind of power. Got me stumped, not used to these new modern machines I guess. My other tractor is a 1970 Big wheel Case totally restored, right to the decals.
Thanks again

zman111666

Threads
It definitely sounds like a safety switch. I would be suspect of the one that senses you are backing up. If it has an override that you can engage so it will mow while backing up, I would suggest holding that in while engaging the pto. If it doesn't stall while engaging that, you know it's the safety that's sticking/bad.