looking for 42" comfort! LOL

dzt41j

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking for a 42" ztr with a nice ride! I do have 3/4 of an acre of rough lawn to mow. Currently using an Ariens 40" minizoom, which does not have a good seat! I have checked out the Simplicity courier which I liked. I have read the Exmark are comfortable too. Any opinions on these or others? I would like to stay under $3000.
BTW, LOL, I am not a total wuss, I have MS and my right leg is bad so I have a tough time staying in place on the unit. That's also why I love the zrts, all the tractors now seem to have right foot controls which I can't use!

dzt41j

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking for a 42" ztr with a nice ride! I do have 3/4 of an acre of rough lawn to mow. Currently using an Ariens 40" minizoom, which does not have a good seat! I have checked out the Simplicity courier which I liked. I have read the Exmark are comfortable too. Any opinions on these or others? I would like to stay under $3000.
BTW, LOL, I am not a total wuss, I have MS and my right leg is bad so I have a tough time staying in place on the unit. That's also why I love the zrts, all the tractors now seem to have right foot controls which I can't use!

Any ideas. planning to shop this weekend!

Lawn Addict
Threads
My neighbor recently got a Simplicity Courier 23/42 Seems to be good solid mower. Has The Briggs 23 hp on it. Briggs owns Simplicity. The Mesh seat I found to be very comfy.

The coil springs in front don't do much for comfort. If you went for their 48" it has coil springs on all 4 corners & supposedly rides much more cushioned.

Hope this bit helps. I don't think the price difference is very much, but don't remember exactly.

dzt41j

Forum Newbie
Threads
My neighbor recently got a Simplicity Courier 23/42 Seems to be good solid mower. Has The Briggs 23 hp on it. Briggs owns Simplicity. The Mesh seat I found to be very comfy.

The coil springs in front don't do much for comfort. If you went for their 48" it has coil springs on all 4 corners & supposedly rides much more cushioned.

Hope this bit helps. I don't think the price difference is very much, but don't remember exactly.

Thanks, I did sit on one and liked it. The front 'floor pan' seems a little crowded making it tough for me to get on, but I think it would be manageable. There aren't any bad baoy dealers aropund here, I would have liked to have tried one as they have an optional 'assist' pole that you can hold to get on the unit.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks, I did sit on one and liked it. The front 'floor pan' seems a little crowded making it tough for me to get on, but I think it would be manageable. There aren't any bad boy dealers around here, I would have liked to have tried one as they have an optional 'assist' pole that you can hold to get on the unit.

Was the Simplicity seat all the way back ? My Toro seemed to have more legroom, but my seat is all the way back.

Bad Boy, IDK ? Read some good & bad. Other mowers like Toro have the optional 'assist pole' that could be likely added to about any Z once you see how it mounts, or could have one made. Drill some mounting holes & bolt it on.
Just a thought.

dzt41j

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was thinking of adding a pole. Wasn't sure if that would void the warranty.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was thinking of adding a pole. Wasn't sure if that would void the warranty.

I'd ask your Dealer, depending on what Brand Z you get. I don't see how it would, but to be safe, asking never hurts.