Is battery charging on 618 with Briggs vangard motor

dlt1945

Forum Newbie
Threads
My question is If my 618 Grasshopper is charging properly can I remove the positive cable from battery and will the motor continue to run at high RPM? My voltage regulator is putting out 14.38 volts and a volt meter on the battery also shows 14.38 volts at high RPM. MY battery seems to get weak every few days The battery shop said my battery was ok.
any help would be appreciated Dave T

Lawn Addict
Threads
Unhook the battery & let it sit for 24 hours, then throw on yer voltmeter & get the resting voltage. You may be getting a bad cell.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lawnmower batteries have nothing to do with the engine running. It is there for starting only. If the charging system is working it runs the PTO and charges the battrey and runs lights. If the PTO is slowing or stoping then the charging system is not working.
With all that said what is your mower doing when the battery is getting weak?

dlt1945

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lawnmower batteries have nothing to do with the engine running. It is there for starting only. If the charging system is working it runs the PTO and charges the battrey and runs lights. If the PTO is slowing or stoping then the charging system is not working.

dlt1945

Forum Newbie
Threads

BlazNT 278192 Thank you for your quick response to my question about my battery question, It is correct that the motor will quit running when the battery cable is disconnected? My battery dies out when I try to start the motor. If I put the charger on it , it will start right up. The battery will still read 12.38 volts. I took the 2 year battery to the shop to be tested, and the said it is ok. I think I will just buy another battery.
thanks Dave T