will not start

tin man

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Dixie chopper model silver eagle, lt2000-5d serial # se6047796 engine generac gtv 760. The starter will not run to engage the engine. I have replaced the starter solenoid, for at the time it would not engauge. The battery is fully charged and shows over 12 volts, the conections are clean and good, the two fuses are good and clean as well. I have checked all the safety switches, the seats, hand brakes, and the switch. The lights in the switch both light up when you turn the key, the starter solenoid will keep trying to engauge, but motor will not turn over. Question is does the diode in the wiring harness kept the power from getting into the starter or is there something going on?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
First question. Can you turn the flywheel by hand all the way around.

tin man

Forum Newbie
Threads
First question. Can you turn the flywheel by hand all the way around.
Yes, I can when tested the starter on the bench with 12 volts/ 2 amps the starter ran well. When I tested the solenoid the solenoid would engage, does the diode if bad will not let the current to the starter?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Put a voltmeter on the starter power cable and see what you're getting there when the key is turned to 'start'. That's the only way you can tell if the solenoid is working.

What diode are you talking about?