Ariens RM830e Lawn Tractor No Reverse

Tony T.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys just joined the forum and recently I have come across a Ariens RM830e lawn tractor with 8 hp Briggs and Stratton. I've only had it about a month now and did have to do some repair on it to get it running. One of the problems I'm having with it now is I have no reverse, all the forward gears seem fine and every so often it will back up in reverse at times. I was wondering if any of you guys have any idea how I can fix this not going into reverse problem, I'm assuming maybe clutch rod adjustment or ?

Tony

Tony T.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here's a pic of the Ariens RM830e I'm not 100% sure but I believe it to be a 1987 model or possibly 1988.

Tony

Attachments

• 2017-09-05 13.33.14.jpg
    2017-09-05 13.33.14.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 11

cashman

Threads
See if anything is blocking the drive plate assembly from moving into the reverse position when shifted into reverse with the shifter. The shaft that the drive plate moves on could be rusted or something not allowing it to move into the reverse position? The drive plate assembly is the flat round disk driven by a belt from the engine crankshaft and moves back and forth with the shifter under the mower. The RM830 series or model series 927XXXX was a great mower as was the 925XXXX series before it.

Tony T.

Forum Newbie
Threads
See if anything is blocking the drive plate assembly from moving into the reverse position when shifted into reverse with the shifter. The shaft that the drive plate moves on could be rusted or something not allowing it to move into the reverse position? The drive plate assembly is the flat round disk driven by a belt from the engine crankshaft and moves back and forth with the shifter under the mower. The RM830 series or model series 927XXXX was a great mower as was the 925XXXX series before it.

Thank you cashman I'll take a look see at the drive plate assembly, hopefully it's something simple. As I said in original post every so often it will go into reverse so I believed that it was just something out of adjustment.

Thanks

Tony