Lawn Boy 10323 2 cycle duraforce 6.5 hp lawn mower has spark but will not start

shelby5041

Threads
  • / Lawn Boy 10323 2 cycle duraforce 6.5 hp lawn mower has spark but will not start
hi

i have lawn boy 10323 lawn mower

2 cycle duraforce 6.5hp engine

has spark.....but will not even try to start

even if i put fuel or carb spray directly in spark plug hole or carb it will not even try to start

engine seems tight..muffler tight....i took apart ignition coil and cleaned and regapped and still not start at all

the spark color seems to be white.....i tested outside of engine and grounded to engine...i installed a new spark plug and still not start at all...

any ideas?

lewb

Threads
  • / Lawn Boy 10323 2 cycle duraforce 6.5 hp lawn mower has spark but will not start
flywheel key bent or damaged, to low of compression,

jp1961

Threads
2 more items to check are the reeds and crankcase seals. You're not by chance close to me?, I live in Metamora about an hour north of Detroit, 30 minutes east of Flint.

Regards

Jeff

Last edited:

shelby5041

Threads
checked flywheel key...is good
compression seems good

shelby5041

Threads
checked flywheel key...is good
compression seems good

what else could cause no start via fuel directly in plug hole?

shelby5041

Threads
im near grosse pointe

dont know how to check seals or where to look....

jp1961

Threads
You can check the bottom crankcase seal by flipping the mower on it's side (probably best to remove the blade and mulch fan) , remove as much grass as you can and follow the crankshaft up to the block. To inspect the top crankcase seal, you'd have to remove the flywheel. The crankcase seals look like big rubber grommets.

The last time the mower ran, did it backfire? If yes, then the seal was probably blown out of the crankcase.

Grosse Point isn't too far from me, if you want to bring the mower to me, I'd be willing to take a look at it.

Regards

Jeff

shelby5041

Threads
I never used it..i bought it from someone

Metamora is pretty far from me still...but i appreciate the offer

Im stubborn...and hate when i cant get something to work.....i have another one of these that ended up having a bad ignition coil..replaced and started right up

But this one does have spark...so im stumped

I would like to fix it if within economical reson

Eric87

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is the cylinder already full of fuel and you are just flooding it more? Is the plug wet when you pull it out? Clear the cylinder and try starting fluid .

shelby5041

Threads
Plug not wet.....no fuel in cylinder prior

I tried starting fluid first and it would not even try to start at all

So i then tried a spoonful of fuel in cylinder..and still will not even try to start