Lawn Boy 10323 2 cycle duraforce 6.5 hp lawn mower has spark but will not start

shelby5041

Threads
  • / Lawn Boy 10323 2 cycle duraforce 6.5 hp lawn mower has spark but will not start
i ordered an ignition coil takes few weeks

i dont think thats the issue but its only 9.00 so

i will buy a compression tested tomorrow...and go from there

still wondering what the metal box is on the bottom of mower near blade?...does it have any play at all in starting process or nothing at all?

thanks

shelby5041

Threads
  • / Lawn Boy 10323 2 cycle duraforce 6.5 hp lawn mower has spark but will not start
the part by blade is called pipe transfer....i guess its exhaust related so it gas nothing to do with my issue....ill just resecure it without a gasket seal as it was.

shelby5041

Threads
Update....bought a compression tester from h freight.....thanks to everyone who mentioned compression...

According to tester the compression on the lawn boy is 0 psi

I tested the tester on another mower to makecsure tester wasnt defective.....i did get a reading of 30psi on a 35 yr old toro mower that does run...but takes lot of pulls....30 seemscway low....but it does prove gauge is funtioning at least

So....what would cause 0 psi compression?....where should i start or is engine scrap?

Also....can a 4 cycle engine run with 30 psi compression?....i thought reading should be 90-100psi?

halflife trackball

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update....bought a compression tester from h freight.....thanks to everyone who mentioned compression...

According to tester the compression on the lawn boy is 0 psi

I tested the tester on another mower to makecsure tester wasnt defective.....i did get a reading of 30psi on a 35 yr old toro mower that does run...but takes lot of pulls....30 seemscway low....but it does prove gauge is funtioning at least

So....what would cause 0 psi compression?....where should i start or is engine scrap?

Also....can a 4 cycle engine run with 30 psi compression?....i thought reading should be 90-100psi?

engine is scrap

but i use scrap soo maybe try it out

halflife trackball

Forum Newbie
Threads
i ordered an ignition coil takes few weeks

i dont think thats the issue but its only 9.00 so

i will buy a compression tested tomorrow...and go from there

still wondering what the metal box is on the bottom of mower near blade?...does it have any play at all in starting process or nothing at all?

thanks

m a t r ix

halflife trackball

Forum Newbie
Threads
yeah just repeast a joke alot

until its unfunny

shelby5041

Threads
I figured it was scrap

I took head off and piston appears to Have some nicks/dings on it...that may or may not be the issue but it doesnt matter anyways since its scrap

Thanks

lewb

Threads
You can get a short block for a 100.00 or so off ebay and just bolt on parts on from your existing dura force/mower. It is not too bad of a job or find a mower on craiglist for 50.00.