Lawn Boy 10323 2 cycle duraforce 6.5 hp lawn mower has spark but will not start

Eric87

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Lawn Boy 10323 2 cycle duraforce 6.5 hp lawn mower has spark but will not start
Do you have good spark ? Blue spark ?

shelby5041

Threads
  • / Lawn Boy 10323 2 cycle duraforce 6.5 hp lawn mower has spark but will not start
Even though i have a spark i ordered a new ignition coil for the hell of it..only 9.00 shipped

These models are known for bad ignition coils....i dont know why else it wouldnt at least try to start or even sputter with fuel and spark

Im stumped

shelby5041

Threads
The spark auppears to be white......but cant say for sure.....it didnt look blue

lewb

Threads
If you have compression (above 90 psi) and spark, putting fuel in the cylinder should result in engine running for a few seconds, If you have spark when you pull the cord you can rule out a safety switch, 3 parts create spark, the spark plug, flywheel magnet and cdi. I would make sure you have compression with a tester.

shelby5041

Threads
yes i have spark

will any spark work?...or does soark have to be certain size/color?

i dont have a comprrssion tester

lewb

Threads
yes i have spark

will any spark work?...or does soark have to be certain size/color?

i dont have a comprrssion tester

You may have a week spark, putting on a known good running cdi may rule that out, compression tester are not expensive (amazon) or at an auto parts store 25.00 or so. Pretty hard to rule that out with out a tester.

I had an issue with a snowmobile, when I did a pull test I had spark, but as soon as engine would fire I would lose spark, Turned out to be a wire shorting out a sensor. The only wires other than the cdi are the safety blade brake, the ignition is normally closed, when you complete the circuit it shuts off engine. I would inspect the wires on the blade safety switch. You could unhook a wire but not sure how easy that is. One technique that I have used is to remove the recoil and spark plug so you can turn the flywheel by hand easily. You should get a pretty good pop when the spark is generated. If you are not even getting a pop with spark logically it has to be no compression or the spark is firing at the bottom of the stroke or out of phase (pretty unlikely unless you hit a water valve shut off and bent the crank).

bogdaN

Threads
hi

i have lawn boy 10323 lawn mower

2 cycle duraforce 6.5hp engine

has spark.....but will not even try to start

even if i put fuel or carb spray directly in spark plug hole or carb it will not even try to start

engine seems tight..muffler tight....i took apart ignition coil and cleaned and regapped and still not start at all

the spark color seems to be white.....i tested outside of engine and grounded to engine...i installed a new spark plug and still not start at all...

any ideas?

Replace coil and let us know.

shelby5041

Threads
hi this is getting really frustrating...i am getting good spark but it just wont even try to start at all

nothing

when i put my finger on the spark plug hole and pull it doesnt push my finger off at all....

can someone tell me what the enclosure by the blade is?..it has 4 bolts and is a metal enclosure

the screws were loose so i tightened them...still no start

i took the cover off of the enclosure and there is some u shaped tube in it..have no idea what it is...and the cover looked like it may have had a gasket seal at one time but the seal was gone so the metal cover was just metal to metal when screwing down

can someone help me with this?

why wont the engine start with spark and fuel in plug hole?

thanks

shelby5041

Threads
can i get a compression tester at harbor freight? will it screw into the plug hole?