New member in Missouri

scrous

Threads
Hey folks. I used this site and others to search for the best ZT for my money. I chose the 2017 Hustler Raptor SD with 60" deck and Kohler 7000 Series Pro 26HP. I've only mowed once but so far, HSD seems like a little beast! Kind of skeptical with Smart Choke but we'll see. My first ZT. Its taking over for my 2004 Craftsman GT5000 with 54" 10 gauge deck and Kohler Command Pro 25 HP, been a workhorse for me.

Let me know what you mow with and thoughts on the HSD? I appreciate the good site and learning. Likely will re-power the GT5000 this winter.

Attachments

• Mow1_.jpg
    Mow1_.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 5

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Nice new machine, now is the time to collect all your model and serial numbers of your mower, engine, AND transaxles, and put it all in a safe-keeping place, one day you will be glad you did, and gather ALL the manuals and info you can while it's available, sometime down the road, it will NOT be available. OIL and good maintenance are the keys to a long lasting mower, take good care of that beauty !! ..:thumbsup:

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum :smile: Nice choice in mower!

Homer1

Threads
Welcome. Congrats on your first ZTR. It's a different world.

When it comes time to re-power your old mower, you will find what you need here.

That Kohler command is going to be an expensive replacement. There are many options out there that are cheaper, but if you decide to stay the course with the Kohler direct replacement for ease of replacement there are a lot of places that carry them for a reasonable price.

Someone here will help you with the swap, just post again!

scrous

Threads
Nice new machine, now is the time to collect all your model and serial numbers of your mower, engine, AND transaxles, and put it all in a safe-keeping place, one day you will be glad you did, and gather ALL the manuals and info you can while it's available, sometime down the road, it will NOT be available. OIL and good maintenance are the keys to a long lasting mower, take good care of that beauty !! ..:thumbsup:

Right on Boobala. i pulled the mower and engine manuals down on it before I bought it and read em.. I'm kinda weird that way. Just two mows in its a a little beast so far. I'll change oil at 5 Hrs on the new mtr then on schedule from there. I believe in taking car of my stuff.

My GT5000 mowed good for 13 seasons, pulled 5x8 trailer, 2" ball on factory back plate full of hardwood, the 6 spd Hi/Lo manual works.. Cant wait to re-power it at 650 hrs on original mtr. The ZTR is so much better for my mowing yard takes an hour used to take hour 45.

scrous

Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum :smile: Nice choice in mower!

Thanks. Yeah it is a simple good homeowner machine. Almost went Toro MX 6050, Glad I went with this so far, time will tell.

scrous

Threads

When it comes time to re-power your old mower, you will find what you need here.

That Kohler command is going to be an expensive replacement. There are many options out there that are cheaper, but if you decide to stay the course with the Kohler direct replacement for ease of replacement there are a lot of places that carry them for a reasonable price.

I'm lovin the ZTR. Yes they're still pretty proud of the Command Pro, mine is the CV730-0029, I upgraded the HG some time ago with the improved one. Otherwise just maintenance, fair amount of deck (54") work spindle parts, pulleys, belts..regular stuff. Replaced steering drag link, tie rod, f wheel bushings and axle bushing/spacer. I worked the mower far outside of warranty each year, its a little beast for sure. The deck and rest of the tractor is in really good condition. I need the 1.125x4.457 shaft and that pretty limited looked at a few options. I'll likely get a post out on it see what others have done.. Thanks

scrous

Threads

BTW. I looked at the Scag Freedom and up.. nice mowers for sure. Maybe in the budget down the road though..