How to remove X500 Carb sensor/switch thing

Dogwalker10

Threads
there is a thing on the side near the bottom of the carb there is a sensor/switch. I have forgotten what the man called it, it has a plunger that shuts off the fuel when you shut off the engine. He suggested taking it off and lubing the plunger. The wire comes off pretty easy. Has anyone every removed one?
Jerry

Been There

Threads
there is a thing on the side near the bottom of the carb there is a sensor/switch. I have forgotten what the man called it, it has a plunger that shuts off the fuel when you shut off the engine. He suggested taking it off and lubing the plunger. The wire comes off pretty easy. Has anyone every removed one?
Jerry

Fuel Shut-Off it is called. And can be remove with some tools. However, it may be wired in with all the other electronics and tractor may not start and run if left off the carburetor.

Threads
Yes it is the fuel solenoid. The machine runs fine without it. Those are about 80 to 90 buxs for a new one. When I get a tractor in with a bad one I just take it off and put a regular bowl nut on. I keep the nuts in stock at my shop ~!~!

It keeps the engine from backfiring.. You just idle the engine down for a few seconds and it won't backfire on you..

Most of them are a 1/2 in thin wrench to get it off............

Hope this helps Mon Ami

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And just deware that they are an EPA requirement so in some states ( Cal in particular ) there are big fines for fiddleing with it.
A PIA no use piece of expensive complication that does nothing but then what do you expect from the EPA.

Threads
And just deware that they are an EPA requirement so in some states ( Cal in particular ) there are big fines for fiddleing with it.
A PIA no use piece of expensive complication that does nothing but then what do you expect from the EPA.

Yep you right the EPA is messing everything up....... Soon there will be battery operated mowers for the norm. AND what we gonna do eith the batteries ? Throw them in a landfill some where and mess the ground up. Mais Mon what is the EPA doing ????

Just let us be with the older style engines and leave it at that ~!~! Oh and the carbs too ~!~!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And the hyprocracy of it is every mower, blower, chain saw, yard vac, tiller & snow thrower in the entire country running 24 hours a day 7 days & nights a year all added together would not produce the emissions of 1 jet taking off let alone the 10,000 that are apparently in the skys above the USA every single day.
Cancel 1 flight a year and you could forget about garden equipment all together.
Then there is the embedded pollution produced in the manufacture of the replacement garden equipment which wears out so much faster because of the "Clean" lean burn mandate.
This of course dose not take into account the fuel that you & I spill daily while working on these items.
Add to that the pollution released in the transporting & retailing of all the new stuff and you are 200 x behind where you were before the legislation to "clean the planet" was gazetted.

And they are just as bad down here.
What ever California dose this year we do 5 years latter.
And down here we account for 0.03% of the worlds pollution.
Of that , hand helds account for 0.002% yet they are now working on legislation to ban all 2 stroke engines in hand held tools.
Yes siree I bet they all walk around with their chest puffed out like a prize rooster, what an achievement.
Make a law that if it actually worked might reduce the worlds pollution by 0.00006%, they should get medals.
Lots and lots and lots of them the get tossed off a tall bridge.

Dogwalker10

Threads
The wires come off pretty easy. I will look around for a 1/2" wrench. I plan to reinstall after I lube the plunger. I might try running with out it to test if that is what is shutting off the engine.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The wires come off pretty easy. I will look around for a 1/2" wrench. I plan to reinstall after I lube the plunger. I might try running with out it to test if that is what is shutting off the engine.

Yep substitute a bolt for it and do a test first.
They do not get lubed as they are fuel proof.
What does happen is some that are at the bottom of the float bowl can get fine debris in them and jambing the plunger.