wont crank

gunny

Forum Newbie
Threads
After hitting a thick of grass my Z225 stalled and now it won't crank. bench tested starter, starter is in working condition

Been There

Threads
After hitting a thick of grass my Z225 stalled and now it won't crank. bench tested starter, starter is in working condition

Most of we lawn tractor owners know that a starter doesn't have anything to do with the running of the engine. It's only there to start the engine, same as you would have to do if you had a pull rope type of starter.

Generally, when the tractor (engine) stalls due to whatever cause the stall you can restart. In your case you cannot get the engine to crank over, like the starter won't allow the engine to turn. There are a number of things to check. Did you shut-down the PTO switch? The tractor won't start if the PTO switch is still engaged. Go under the tractor and turn the PTO clutch to see if you can get the engine crank shaft to turn. If you cannot get the crank shaft to turn, you have done some damaged to the internal parts of the engine. If the engine won't turn-over, the starter bendix won't be able to turn

Fragger

Threads
i know you have checked this but my mower gets grass wadded up underneath it is hard to crank unless you remove it, could have sheared a keyway hope that helps :confused3: