Gas cap leaking gas?

navyman

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Lawn Boy self propelled mower is leaking gas around the gas cap. Kohler engine 6.5 hp (149 cc) Model No. 10732. Its only 2 years old and used gently around my small city lot!
I replaced the gas cap with a new one from Kohler. Still leaks! Any ideas?

Navy man.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Look closely at the sealing surface of the tank for damage or defects. Are you sure you're getting the cap screwed down tight? If you still have the old cap, can you take the gasket out of it and add it to the new cap?

navyman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Look closely at the sealing surface of the tank for damage or defects. Are you sure you're getting the cap screwed down tight? If you still have the old cap, can you take the gasket out of it and add it to the new cap?

Thanks I'll try your suggestion!

Navyman

TonyPrin

Threads
I'm not familiar with your particular mower but many limit gas fill to 2-3 inches below the cap. If that's the case with yours, I would think the gas would not reach the cap. Be careful about overfilling.

navyman

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Lawn Boy self propelled mower is leaking gas around the gas cap. Kohler engine 6.5 hp (149 cc) Model No. 10732. Its only 2 years old and used gently around my small city lot!
I replaced the gas cap with a new one from Kohler. Still leaks! Any ideas?

Navy man.

Thanks for the comments, but its still leaking. I guess Ill take it in to my local shop and see if its worth repairing. Have a feeling its the plastic gas tank!

Navyman :smile:

bogdaN

Threads
That is China made engine and I did see few that gas cap tread do not match gas tank.