Considering Turf Tiger

Threads
I have very clean Cheetah I want to sell and replace with a Turf Tiger..I have the 31 h.p. Kawasaki air cooled engine on the Cheetah that has been trouble free..I either want the diesel, the 31 h.p. liquid cooled Kawasaki or the 35 h.p. air cooled Briggs on the Turf Tiger..The larger Briggs is $1900.00 cheaper than the Kawasaki...Is the Kawasaki that much better? All comments regarding engine choice appreciated...

Last edited:

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
How much more is the diesel and who makes it?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks like the diesel is a 25 hp, 3 cylinder Kubota.

It would be a no-brainer for me--that is the engine I would want.

Threads
Looks like the diesel is a 25 hp, 3 cylinder Kubota.

It would be a no-brainer for me--that is the engine I would want.

I dunno...Talked to my dealer today and he told me he has never sold a diesel..Maybe weight is a factor..

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
No doubt a three cylinder Kubota diesel will be heavier than a V-twin gas engine. That's where the durability comes from.

In addition to having more torque and making their power at lower rpm's, diesels are practically maintenance-free. Change the oil and filter, air filter and fuel filter is about all the maintenance you have to do.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
What size deck is on your Cheeta? We run 3 Tiger Cats in our operation and I am strongly considering buying a Cheeta with a 72" deck for next year. We love the Tiger Cats. They are awesome little machines.

Threads
What size deck is on your Cheeta? We run 3 Tiger Cats in our operation and I am strongly considering buying a Cheeta with a 72" deck for next year. We love the Tiger Cats. They are awesome little machines.

61" Velocity