The strangest thing

hrdman2luv

Threads
So I picked up a used TB weed eater for free. Changed the fuel lines, cleaned out the carb. New plug. New air filter. Cleaned out the tank and put some fresh mix in'er, and she fired right. After a little carb adjustment, she was a hot shot. Choke, one pull and still had time to put the choke on two, let'r warm up a bit. Then put it on three, and she was ready to go. Did the who house, and the ditch out front, without even a hick up.
Put'r up for sale ($75). A young lady came and bought it the next day. Easy peasy, right?

Wrong.

The next day she says she can't get it to start. So she brings it out, I don't anything wrong with it. But it was a little hard to start. The primer was pumping good. When it cranked (taking a few more pulls than before) she ran like a top again.
She brings it back a couple of days later, and I give her her money back. I can't get it to crank at all. And the primer button isn't coming all the way back out. So, I cleaned out the carb again and got it running good. The young lady came back and bought it again, at a discounted price. Two days later, same thing. Brings it back, i refund her money.

A couple of days later, I go through the whole routine again. Cleaned out the carb. Put on a new primer bulb just for grins. (nothing wrong with the old one) Put it all back together, and weed eated for 2 hours. Even weed eated places where I don't even mow. And it runs like a top.

Is it possible that some weed eaters just don't like new people? he he he he he

Mr. Ed

Threads
First thing that crossed my mind was maybe she was using contaminated fuel. If the machine runs with your fuel, and stops running on hers, well...

Of course, that assumes she put fuel in it. If not, it's hard to imagine where the gunk is coming from.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
So I picked up a used TB weed eater for free. Changed the fuel lines, cleaned out the carb. New plug. New air filter. Cleaned out the tank and put some fresh mix in'er, and she fired right. After a little carb adjustment, she was a hot shot. Choke, one pull and still had time to put the choke on two, let'r warm up a bit. Then put it on three, and she was ready to go. Did the who house, and the ditch out front, without even a hick up.
Put'r up for sale ($75). A young lady came and bought it the next day. Easy peasy, right?

Wrong.

The next day she says she can't get it to start. So she brings it out, I don't anything wrong with it. But it was a little hard to start. The primer was pumping good. When it cranked (taking a few more pulls than before) she ran like a top again.
She brings it back a couple of days later, and I give her her money back. I can't get it to crank at all. And the primer button isn't coming all the way back out. So, I cleaned out the carb again and got it running good. The young lady came back and bought it again, at a discounted price. Two days later, same thing. Brings it back, i refund her money.

A couple of days later, I go through the whole routine again. Cleaned out the carb. Put on a new primer bulb just for grins. (nothing wrong with the old one) Put it all back together, and weed eated for 2 hours. Even weed eated places where I don't even mow. And it runs like a top.

Is it possible that some weed eaters just don't like new people? he he he he he

The thought ever enter your mind "SHE was warm for your form" women love excuses to get close to a man they desire !! ..ya just might have "missed your chance" ..!! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
did you get her to start it and use it in your yard ?
There is some technique required to start all these things.
Was there anything in the system when you took it apart ?
Did you check the fuel pick up for cracks & leaks?
Did you watch her using it ?
Some people try to run then at 1/2 speed because they don't like the vibes.

dfbroxy

Threads
Check the gas cap vent.